Destination Weddings Offer A “Stress Free” Celebration!
Destination Weddings Offer A “Stress Free” Celebration!
By Bill Parise
I have been invited to be a part of several wedding parties for friends and family over the years, and for many of them, they quickly experienced the level of stress and the amount of time consumed in planning and organizing their local ceremony, not to mention the amount of people who were also involved.
For the very reason above is why I wanted to go in a different direction and have a Destination Wedding when I decided to get married, and I was hoping my future wife would feel the same!
There are so many time sensitive arrangements to take care of with traditional weddings, and if one critical element is not right on schedule, it can turn the day into a complete inconvenience for everyone, and not only for the bride and groom, but also for all the guests attending as well.
Spending Quality Time with Family and Friends is Important!
What happens when you have too many guests attend your wedding? I witnessed this first-hand where the bride and groom seemed to be running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying their hardest to talk to everyone they possibly can, and the conversations seemed so rushed, plus it was inevitable that they were continually interrupted by other guests wanting to get their own conversations in before the night and event was over.
I understand that some couples believe in family traditions, which seems to be passed on from generation to generation, and they of course would not change their tradition for anything else in the world. However, times are changing, and there are a growing number of newlywed couples thinking differently, and they don’t want to go through all the stress and tedious planning that is involved in a local wedding.
They’re looking for convenient alternatives to fit their current lifestyle, needs, and budget. They’re thinking that a relaxing week on an exotic island or a cruise may be the option for them. They want to be relaxed, stress free, and they also want to spend quality time with their loved ones, and special invited guests.
Comparing Destination Weddings to the Traditional Wedding Ceremony!
Now talking with experience, we took part in our own destination wedding, where we exchanged our vows in Varadero, Cuba back in 2004. We had the traditional ceremony, where we renewed our vows back home, and went through much of the traditional planning many couples would experience.
You might be asking us, why did you do both?
All I can tell you it was a decision we made at the last-minute to accommodate our families that could not make it to our wedding in Cuba, and the best situation we got out of this was the ability to provide many of our newlywed couples a true comparison between the both options.
When talking about the two styles of weddings, with a destination wedding, imagine sitting down in a relaxing environment ready to experience a gourmet style dinner with your loved ones. Having ample time to talk, and then later taking a leisurely stroll on the beach while taking in the view of the Caribbean Sea. Now does that sound stressful to you? As the days go by in destination we would spend quality time by the pool with friends and family as this was all leading up to our special wedding ceremony day.
All this without having to take care of any details of our ceremony! The fact that we didn’t have to exhaust any of our time with arranging our wedding, we were able to spend as much or as little quality time with all our invited guests, and never had that guilty feeling of wishing we had more time to spend with everyone that attended.
With the Traditional Ceremony we found it to be the Complete Opposite!
It did feel somewhat stressful, even if we tried not to let it get to us. Family came in from other cities, such as Windsor and Toronto, and many of them were staying with us, so we needed to not only accommodate them, but we also had to ensure they were entertained as well.
We actually had to deal with some last-minute cancellations, and do what all the other wedding couples had to do, and that was unfortunately absorb the cost of unused plates. Plus the fact that we had worry about time as our ceremony was at a Catholic church that as many miles from the banquet facility where our reception was to take place that evening. I will be honest with you, it was not as stressful as I thought it would be, but I did notice that we were so concentrated on the time, and making sure everything was going smooth, the entire day and evening for me to this day is still a blur.
If I were to compare the two scenarios, one being our wedding in Cuba and our ceremony back home in Winnipeg, I actually can still make out conversations in my head that I had with family and friends in Cuba, but if you were to ask me if I remembered one conversation I had at our ceremony back home, I would not be able to come up with one that I clearly remembered.
Now I can go on and on about the convenience of having a destination wedding, but let me tell you the benefits of costs and flexibility…
A Destination Wedding Is Not Only Affordable, But Offers Complete Flexibility!
If you agree, a wedding that is planned from beginning to end can easily run from $20,000 for an average sized ceremony to almost having to take out a second mortgage for a more elaborate event. Such factors to take into consideration when planning a wedding at home are; How many guests would be attending, where your ceremony and reception will take place, plus all the other venue decisions and expenses, such as photo sessions, and pre-ceremony dinners and related parties. Whew!
Okay, now with a destination wedding, you can easily spend far less for a very exotic and romantic ceremony, and if you’re a couple who really like to have that luxurious Caribbean style wedding, you can easily achieve your dream ceremony for less than $10,000.00.
As mentioned, our wedding ceremony and reception took place in Varadero, Cuba, where our total cost was under $2,500.00. We did some research and found a beautiful luxurious 4.5 Star all-inclusive resort that offered a “free wedding ceremony” and reception if we stayed at their property for 6 days or more and had a qualified amount of guests stay as well. The good news is, there are so many other destinations and quality resorts that offer this to couples looking to get married, or even for the couple that are looking to renew their vows. You even save more money if you plan to have your honeymoon at destination as well! No mental stress and of course no stress on the budget.
In conclusion no matter what direction you go in planning your once in a lifetime event, I agree that a destination wedding is not for everyone, and believe it or not there are still those traditionalists that firmly believe that a wedding at home is the only option. But if you’re someone who does not believe in the passed down from generation traditions, and you want that stress-free planning experience, and you want to avoid having to apply for a mortgage for your special event, then a wedding at destination has your names written all over it. Go for it, as I assure you it will be something that you will both remember for the rest of your lives!
Bill Parise (ACC) has been involved in the travel industry offering trip and vacation advice since 2000. Bill and his wife Maria currently run their own home-based travel business and have been doing so since 2007.
As a Destination Wedding and Group Vacation Specialist, Bill has helped plan and arrange a number of wedding ceremonies over the years for couples to several exciting destinations such as Mexico, the Caribbean, and Europe as well.
Not only has Bill and his wife Maria been assisting couples plan their dream ceremonies at exotic locations, but they also planned their very own destination wedding ceremony that took place in Varadero, Cuba back in 2004. So Bill truly believes that it’s extremely important in being well rounded in this ever growing market.
For more information and details on how you can plan your next destination ceremony, Bill encourages you to visit their website’s Destination Wedding Services page, where you can easily view all the exciting options available. You can also follow them on their DW Facebook page where we list the latest news, tips, and exclusive specials to our followers.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Bill_Parise
Destination wedding invitations followed by wonderful Destination wedding themed gifts and wedding favors and more
- Antique Old World Map Wedding Napkin Standard Cocktail Napkin
- Description:This customizable Antique Old World Map Wedding Napkin Standard Cocktail Napkin is designed on the paper napkin and would interest those who like wedding, victorian, vintage wedding, antique map, world map, and destination wedding stuff.
- Price: $66.45
- Brush love worldmap stamp
- Description:This customizable Brush love worldmap stamp is designed on the postage and would interest those who like letter, save the date, destination, wedding, hibiscus, wanderlust, and love stuff.
- Price: $24.95
- Palm Trees Beach Destination Wedding Postage Stamp
- Description:This customizable Palm Trees Beach Destination Wedding Postage Stamp is designed on the postage and would interest those who like beach wedding, custom beach, beach, palm trees wedding, ocean wedding, destination wedding, and beach scene wedding stuff.
- Price: $23.75
- beach wedding teal ombre postage stamps
- Description:This customizable beach wedding teal ombre postage stamps is designed on the postage and would interest those who like teal, wedding, ombre, beach wedding, destination wedding, palms wedding, and string lights wedding stuff.
- Price: $23.60
- beach wedding sunset postage stamps
- Description:This customizable beach wedding sunset postage stamps is designed on the postage and would interest those who like wedding, beach wedding, destination wedding, palms wedding, string lights wedding, tropical wedding, and sea stuff.
- Price: $23.60
- Passport Wedding Postage Stamp
- Description:This customizable Passport Wedding Postage Stamp is designed on the postage and would interest those who like passport, wedding, american, and destination stuff.
- Price: $23.60
- Tropical Paradise Customizable Wedding Ornament
- Description:This customizable Tropical Paradise Customizable Wedding Ornament is designed on the ornament and would interest those who like saint, lucia, st lucia, pitons, caribbean, wedding, and destination stuff.
- Price: $17.25
- Thank You Custom Wedding Hotel Gift Tote Bag
- Description:This customizable Thank You Custom Wedding Hotel Gift Tote Bag is designed on the bag and would interest those who like wedding, destination, tote, reception, hotel guests, out of town guests, and thank you stuff.
- Price: $11.00
- Glitter Heart Wedding Tote Bag
- Description:This customizable Glitter Heart Wedding Tote Bag is designed on the bag and would interest those who like welcome, tote, personalized, guests, out, town, and custom stuff.
- Price: $11.00
- Mint green beach slippers travel luggage tags
- Description:This customizable Mint green beach slippers travel luggage tags is designed on the luggage tag and would interest those who like newly weds, wedding, mr and mrs, bride and groom, beach, travel, and mint stuff.
- Price: $10.50
- Wedding Favor Tags Aqua Starfish Pack Of Gift Tags
- Description:This customizable Wedding Favor Tags Aqua Starfish Pack Of Gift Tags is designed on the gift tag and would interest those who like wedding, monogram, thank you, beach, destination, stripes, and tropical stuff.
- Price: $9.45
- Beach Wedding Starfish Envelope Seals Classic Round Sticker
- Description:This customizable Beach Wedding Starfish Envelope Seals Classic Round Sticker is designed on the sticker and would interest those who like beach wedding seals, destination wedding seals, hawaiian wedding seals, beach wedding sea shell seals, sea shell...
- Price: $5.25
- Tropical Beach Palm Tree Round Wedding Favor Label Classic Round Sticker
- Description:This customizable Tropical Beach Palm Tree Round Wedding Favor Label Classic Round Sticker is designed on the sticker and would interest those who like beach, wedding, tropical, palm tree, destination, ocean, and resort stuff.
- Price: $5.25
- Turquoise Starfish Burlap Beach Wedding Collection Classic Round Sticker
- Description:This customizable Turquoise Starfish Burlap Beach Wedding Collection Classic Round Sticker is designed on the sticker and would interest those who like turquoise wedding seals, wedding seals, burlap wedding seals, beach wedding seals, starfish wedding...
- Price: $5.00
- Starfish Wedding Date Round Personalized Stickers
- Description:This customizable Starfish Wedding Date Round Personalized Stickers is designed on the sticker and would interest those who like tropical tags, beach weddings, tropical, templates, custom, round, and tropical themed stuff.
- Price: $4.95
- Personalized Seashells
- Description:This unique beach themed wedding favor is a natural seashell laser engraved with two lines of personalized text perfect for beach themed events and destination weddings
- Price: $39.24
- Mini Suitcase Favor Tins
- Description:Mini suitcase favor tins are the perfect travel themed party favor. Fill with candy or other goodies for a sweet favor for destination weddings, bridal showers or birthday parties. Personalization available.
- Price: $30.83
- Coconut Candles
- Description:Beautiful and exotic, these scented coconut candles are lovely guest favors for romantic beach celebrations. Place one candle at each guest's place setting or display them in a large basket near the entrance of the banquet room.
- Price: $23.76
- Wedding Frisbee
- Description:Wedding frisbees for outdoor wedding favors, hotel welcome baskets, summer weddings and garden weddings.
- Price: $20.28
- Silver Travel Luggage Tags
- Description:Luggage tag wedding favors is an unique gift idea for destination weddings, bridal showers and corporate parties. They can double as placecard holders for the event.
- Price: $19.80
- Mini Eiffel Tower Place Card Holders
- Description:These elegant mini eiffel tower place card holders make perfect wedding favors for couples jet-setting to France for a destination wedding. These finely detailed, silver-finish replica of the eiffel tower holders can be used as place card holders or as we
- Price: $18.34
- Starfish Wine Bottle Stoppers
- Description:The starfish wine bottle stopper is a popular party favor for both ocean themed events and wine parties. Great for beach weddings, birthday parties, engagement parties and rehearsal dinners.
- Price: $17.52
- Natural Seashell Place Card Holders
- Description:Real, natural seashells make the perfect place card holders and table decorations for a beach themed wedding or ocean-side event.
- Price: $14.50
- Mini Woven Favor Bags
- Description:Mini woven favor bags perfect for presenting Jordan almonds, other candy and small favors.
- Price: $11.24