Bridesmaid's Wedding Toast
It's true that ‘words make a wedding'! No matter how beautiful the location and decoration, how gorgeous the bridesmaids and how lovely the cake and flowers, the exchange of vows and the toasts celebrating the marriage are what make the occasion memorable.
At most weddings, the ‘toast of the night' is generally claimed to the best man's right. A little bit of humor and candor, a couple of jokes deriding the bridegroom and some instances from is past and the speech is done. When it comes to the bridesmaid's or the ‘maid of honor's' speech it is expected to be sweet and warm, the standard mushy type of script. But a bridesmaid's speech can be made even more memorable with some thought and planning.
To ensure that the speech in honor of the newlyweds goes off without a hitch, it is important to remember the following factors:
1. Taking the speech seriously – gracefully accepting the honor and responsibility
2. Avoid procrastination – get on the job and make notes a couple of weeks before D-day
3. Include the necessities – a personal favorite memory or joke about the couple that is emotionally significant
4. Keep it short and sweet – avoid rambling or including gimmicky anecdotes
5. Practice makes perfect – rehearse the speech to avoid getting a panic attack
Here are some tips to make a heartwarming bridesmaid's speech.
• Specific in praise – generic terms like ‘she's the best' or ‘she's so lovely' etc may sound good but they don't add up. A couple of instances of stories that reveal the bride's qualities will do the trick. Blanket statements don't send the point across as much as a real-life incident where the connect is visible.
• The bride is the focal point – sharing close incidents or stories about the bridesmaid's closeness with the bride is fine as long as the focus stays on the bride. Talking about the bride and groom and their fantastic relationship puts them in full view as ‘the couple of the hour'.
• Leaving the embarrassment out – everything from the treasure trove is not for public sharing. There should be no mention of ex-boyfriends or dating failures and other embarrassing instances.
• Begin with the bride, end with the wedding couple – a bridesmaid is closest to the bride so trace the romance of the bride and the groom, the role they have played in each other's life and how they complement each other.
To know more about bridesmaid speech, please check our website.Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Achal_Mehrotra/1934376
- Drop Pearl Earrings
- Description:These drop pearl earrings add a touch of tradition to any occasion. Plus, they make great mother-of-the-bride gifts as well as bridesmaids' gifts.
- Price: $8.50
- Ribbon Tie Pearl Necklace
- Description:This ribbon tie pearl necklace is both trendy and elegant--the ideal bridesmaid's gift.
- Price: $19.30
- Rhinestone and Pearl Earrings
- Description:Keep your ladies coordinated with elegant matching rhinestone and pearl earrings. These great bridesmaids' gifts come in colors to suit any dress--on your special day and beyond!
- Price: $26.60
- Rhinestone and Pearl Necklace
- Description:Do double duty with rhinestone and pearl necklaces that match your wedding colors--the perfect accent for perfect wedding photos!
- Price: $28.28
- Ribbon Tie Pearl Bracelet
- Description:Add a twist to tradition with this contemporary ribbon tie pearl bracelet. Pair it with a matching necklace and give as a bridesmaid's gift.
- Price: $19.90
- Coral Maids Invitation
- Description:All the maids in beautiful coral dress and holding bridesmaid bouquets. Proofs: You will receive a proof in 2 Business Days in order for you to view the layout, typestyle selection, colors and our interpretation of your wording. There is an additional $8.
- Price: $22.50
- Eggplant Maids Invitation
- Description:Three eggplant bridesmaid dresses are hanging on hangers. This background of this invitaiton are cream and the bottom features a cute polka dot border. Proofs: You will receive a proof by the end of the next business day in order for you to view the layou
- Price: $22.50
- Chevron Maids Invitation
- Description:Shades of pink and grey form the border of this invitation which features two pink dress and in the center the white brides dress on hangers. Proofs: You will receive a proof by the end of the next business day in order for you to view the layout, typesty
- Price: $22.50
- Painted Will You Be My Bridesmaid Card
- Description:"Will you be my bridesmaid?" card features a hand-drawn type that has been letterpress printed in gold ink on top of a hand-painted background. The card is blank inside to express yourself and features a white envelope for mailing.
- Price: $8.95
- Floral Will You Be My Bridesmaid Card
- Description:"Will you be my bridesmaid?" card features a hand-drawn type that hand-painted over a garden floral background. The card is blank inside to express yourself and features a hot pink envelope for mailing.
- Price: $5.95
- Gold Bridesmaid Wine Glass
- Description:Every bridesmaid needs her own glass and the pink glitter one is sure to please! Pink glittered ric rac with "bridesmaid" in white. The fun topstitched bow and pink glitter and gold glitter striped stem base only add to the fun of this glass!
- Price: $24.95
- The Girls Door Hanger Frame
- Description:Cream distressed plank wood frame features a black wood mat and space for a 3.5" x 3.5" photo. Picture frame hangs from attached jute rope and looks great on the ready room door or on the wall.
- Price: $16.95
- "Will You Be My Bridesmaid/Maid of Honor" Personalized Handkerchief
- Description:Ask the girls you love most to be a part of your special day, with these "Will you be my Bridesmaid/Maid of Honor" handkerchiefs.
- Price: $29.95
- kate spade new york hocus to my pocus bridesmaid card set
- Description:from late night sleepovers and years of birthday candle wishes, your best friend has been by your side. ask her to share in your special day with our hocus to my pocus bridesmaid card with matching shiny gold dot envelopes. Ã¢Â€Âœwill you be my bridesmaid
- Price: $20.00