Prepare for your Indian Wedding with this useful guide and these great resources. Everything you need is here.
By Ajith Nair
Proposal Done. What Next?
The wedding proposition has happened. Or perhaps your matchmaking has now been sorted. Both you as well as your significant other have made a unified commitment to undertake the subsequent major part of life together. What is going to be your following thing to do? Preparing the wedding party naturally. And that’s how the Indian Wedding Planning Checklist will be useful, and be your main companion in making sure an awesome fiesta wedding event is put-together.
Yes, the wedding is going to be the initial key assignment that you together with your partner is going to embark on, be it with or possibly without the aid of your friends and relations. The marriage location should be booked. The wedding event caterer must be determined. Bridal professional photographers might have to be pre-booked many months before the day of the wedding. Wedding and reception banqueting furniture, and also coverings will have to be hired. And list continues on and on…
The mere volume of things to get ready for a wedding party could make you nervous or unpleasant and lead you to feelings that you might lose some influence over the state of your big day. Even before you commence, chances are you already visualize the unthinkable, and worry the embarrassment that could develop from a poorly arranged function.
Worry not, because the Indian Wedding Planning Checklist below will help you out with all of the wedding party arrangements. The set of wedding planning elements below was assembled chronologically to make certain adequate time is allotted for every function item. This means you ought to have plenty of time for sourcing good ideas, getting in touch with your wedding service providers, in depth conversation with the service vendors and lastly confirming your vendor choices.
Indian Wedding Planning Checklist
More than 1 year
- Decide on a personal date to get married
- Employ an expert wedding coordinator
- Determine the amount of attendees, venue and time of day for the marriage event
- Come to an agreement on the wedding finance and expenses and how the costs are going to be split between both bride and groom’s families
- Discuss about the schedule of events that would take place on your wedding day
- Systematically monitor the wedding expenses and track who paid for each of the expense item
- Organize an invitee list which includes family and friends from both sides of the family
- Think about inevitable factors which may affect your wedding event (e.g. climate conditions, national elections, etc.)
- Book your marriage ceremony site
- Reserve marriage reception site
- Book your bridal ceremony & reception photographers
- Book your bridal ceremony & reception videographers
- Choose the wedding concept and colour scheme
- Update your passport & visa for your honeymoon
6 to 12 months
- Book the wedding priest, wedding qadi, wedding minister etc.
- Book your marriage event musicians
- Book your marriage event florists and decorators
- Book your marriage event caterer
- Book your marriage event entertainment
- Choose who are your bridesmaids and best men
- Choose who will be the emcee of your event
4 to 6 months
- Book hiring materials required for your marriage ceremony
- Book your cosmetic stylist, hair dresser and mehendi artist
- Book your wedding suite
- Complete attendance list and get the wedding invitation postal addresses
- Choose and buy wedding card invitations; remember to include map location of the wedding event venue
- Draft and send electronic invitations
- Compile an index of people to assist you on the wedding day( guest ushers, gift attendant, wedding & reception coordinator, food catering coordinator etc.) and their tasks
- Start preparing for the honeymoon
2 to 4 months
- Book your special wedding cake
- Book your wedding car, as well as decor for the wedding car and bridal party entourage
- Buy or rent wedding costumes
- Buy or rent wedding costume for parents, best men & bridesmaids
- Buy thank you gifts for wedding assistants and guests
- Prepare things to do for the guests who are from outstation
- Make a visit to the dentist to cleanse or whiten your teeth
6 to 8 weeks
- Post marriage invitation cards and email electronic invitations
- Monitor invitations sent out and responses received, and send thank you notes for guests who provided presents
- Buy or rent bride’s accessories
- Buy the bride’s shoes
- Buy the bridal jewellery (thali, matrimonial rings, etc.)
- Organize safety escort for bridal entourage which wear weighty jewellery
- Complete catering arrangements with the caterer
- Organize pre-wedding and bridal portrait photography to be taken
2 to 6 weeks
- Finalize marriage ceremony particulars with marriage officiant
- Follow-up with invitees who have yet to reply and complete arrangements for guest seating
- Compose a comprehensive timeline of the wedding event
- Give a copy of the wedding schedule to your wedding vendors
- Decide who will usher the bride and groom on the wedding day
- Give a checklist of photos you would like captured to your photographer
- Give a list of special people or events you want included in the video to your videographer
- Give the list of songs you would like played at your wedding event to the deejay
- Create the wedding venue direction guide boards, gift collection box and guestbook
- Beautify both bride and groom’s home
- Ensure your bridal attire fits and make any alterations if necessary
- Appoint your wedding car drivers
- Review your wedding schedule
- Give a copy of the wedding layout to your venue manager and caterer
- Confirm the guest count and give to your venue manager and caterer
- Let your wedding vendors know of any last minute changes
- Confirm honeymoon reservations and prepare for your honeymoon
- Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the bridal guest list
- List down items to be brought on the wedding day and perform a full review of the items on this checklist
- Appoint someone you trust to assist you in paying the wedding vendors after the wedding event is completed
- Appoint an individual to give back hired items once the event is completed
- Appoint an individual to assist in placing wedding location direction guide boards at proper locations
- Appoint an individual to manage the wedding caterers and the wedding venue arrangement
- Arrange an individual to manage the wedding floor – to coordinate the emcee, DJ, entertainers, site lighting etc.
- Give the finalized wedding schedule to all members of your wedding party
- Give the finalized wedding schedule to all wedding vendors
- Communicate seating arrangements with ushers
- Perform a final review of this checklist and ensure to bring all items required for the wedding
- Carry and ensure the official wedding rings/thali is brought to the wedding venue
- Enjoy the wedding you planned and relax!
Despite the fact that the Indian Wedding Planning Checklist was created according to a minimum 12 months planning cycle, you can employ this check-list for shorter or longer marriage planning periods, with several sensible adjustments of the check-list.
For couples who may have substantially brief planning durations, we suggest whichever of the following alternate options:
1. Develop an extreme “catch-up” strategy on wedding preparation work items for the amounts of time you have lost OR
2. Seek the services of a wedding event coordinator
Should you be lacking time and choose option (2), yet somehow don’t wish to spend excessively for appointing a wedding coordinator, establish a selection of tasks that you believe you as well as your partner may take care of personally. You could outsource the leftover tasks to your wedding coordinator, permitting you to be in charge of your wedding budget.
You can find other helpful Indian wedding checklists and Indian wedding preparation advice, suggestions & tips at . Indian Wedding Planning is your dedicated resource for all matters related to Indian weddings. Begin your Indian wedding planning today!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ajith_Nair
Description:This customizable Royal Blue Silver Royal Indian Peacock Wedding Card is designed on the invitation and would interest those who like indian wedding invitations, peacock wedding invitations, peacock indian wedding invitations, royal blue wedding...
Description:This customizable Emerald Green Gold Royal Indian Peacock Wedding Card is designed on the invitation and would interest those who like peacock indian wedding invitations, peacock feather wedding invitations, indian wedding, popular indian wedding...
Description:Inspired by jewel tones, these silky and intricate satin favor bags are an easy and beautiful way to say think you to your wedding guests.
Description:These lucky golden elephant frames are the perfect addition to your indian themed wedding.
Description:These lucky golden elephant tealight holders will be such an elegant addition to your wedding!
Description:These henna jewel lanterns are sure to stun at your wedding.
Description:Wow your wedding guests with these assorted henna jewel votive tealights.
Description:This customizable 311 Henna Ornate Dress Updo Brunette Indian Card is designed on the card and would interest those who like wedding, brunette, indian, sanskrit, red, gown, and be my bridesmaid card stuff.